Jean Meschke Bouffard attended Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College, in Portland, Oregon and earned her juris doctorate with a certificate in environmental and natural resources law in 1985. She received Honors in Legal Writing, Research & Reasoning, the Outstanding Oral Advocacy Award and the American Jurisprudence Award for Administrative Law. She was chosen to serve as a summer extern with Judge Otto Skopil, Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeals in 1984. On graduation from law school, Ms. Bouffard served as law clerk to Chief Judge George Joseph, Oregon Court of Appeals, 1985-1987.
Ms. Bouffard is dedicated to providing thorough and effective legal services. Understanding how courts interpret contracts gives Ms. Bouffard the knowledge to effectively negotiate and draft contracts for her clients. Ms. Bouffard has extensive experience advising individuals, start-up companies and established businesses on a broad range of subjects, including contracts, vendor matters, entity form, employment matters, tenancy, regulatory compliance, acquisitions and business partner issues.
Ms. Bouffard began her trial attorney experience involved in class action securities litigation. In 1991, she opened her own practice focusing on business and real estate disputes, including trials, appeals, arbitrations and mediations. As a trial attorney, Ms. Bouffard has represented clients in cases involving contract disputes, contract enforcement, business partner disputes, shareholder disputes, fraud, mechanics liens/contractor liens, Homeowners Association's disputes and CC&R violations, trade name protection, real estate disputes, eminent domain proceedings, property line disputes, land use disputes, estate planning, will contests and probates.
Understanding how courts interpret contracts, gives Ms. Bouffard the knowledge to effectively draft and negotiate contracts for her clients. Ms. Bouffard has extensive experience advising individuals, start-up companies and established businesses on a broad range of subjects, including contracts, vendor matters, entity form, employment matters, tenancy, regulatory compliance, acquisitions and business partner issues.
Areas of Practice
- Contract Disputes
- Business Law
- Business Formation
- Family Business Law
- Limited Liability Companies
- Construction Contracts
- Contractor / Mechanics Liens
- Real Estate
- Commercial Real Esatate
- Landlord and Tenant Law
- Wills and Probate
- Business Litigation
- Business Planning
- Buying and Selling of Businesses
- Eminent Domain
- Construction Law
- Water Law
- Well Agreements
- Breach of Contract
- Employment Contracts
- Commercial Leasing
- Residential Real Estate
- Homeowners Association Law
Representative Business Clients
- A Perfect Party, LLC
- Channing Park Homeowners Association
- Coby Construction
- Control Systems, Inc
- Daniel Ross Salon
- Dawn Johnston, Realtor
- Dorre Don Community Club
- DJ Electric & Construction, Inc.
- FastTrax Media
- Ignition Digital, Inc.
- Integrated Technical Solutions, Inc.
- MD Cote Clinic / Dr. Cynthia Cote
- Net-Venture Inc.
- Northwest Equine Veterinary Assoicates, Inc. P.S.
- Northwest Powder Coatings, Inc.
- Puget Sound Recycling, LLC
- S.H.A.D.O.W. Organization
- Spring Glen Veterinary Hospital
- Washington State Bar Association, WSBA Business Law Section, King County Bar, and South King County Bar
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1992 to present
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Co-Chair, King County Conservation Voters, 2005 & 2006
- Chair, King County Rural Forest Commission, 2000-2001
- Chair, City of Covington Parks and Forestry Commission, 1998-2000
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
- President, Rotary Club of Covington, 2006-2007
CommendationsWashington State Bar Association
- Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation 2007
- Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation 2004
- Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation 2003
- Certificate of Appreciation/Jenkins Creek Park Project 2007
- Volunteer Services to the City 1999
- Certificate of Appreciation/Commitment to Incorporation 1997
- President's Award 2007
- Professional Excellence and Devotion to Citizens 2004
- Rotarian of the Year 1994